From large multi-sensory installations at Bath School of Art & Design, to tiny wearable art. Forging the first wearable creations in the back alleys of Saigon, Vietnam, I became inspired by Memento Mori:
The transience and fragility of human existence.
My jewellery serves as records of personal experiences- a trace of being in the world, evolving and changing through time. Each collection represents an idea or an intangible feeling and my custom orders serve as a collaboration between me and the wearer or gifter. This personal exchange of ideas result in fresh heirlooms to be cherished. We live in a one-size-fits-all world of mass production and fast fashion. Duxford Studios is the antidote.
Having exhibited nationally and internationally and won awards and scholarships for my Fine Art practice, I have drawn on my contemporary artistic grounding to make heirlooms designed to draw attention and wake your imagination.
A Cardiff based artist and designer, glad to be back in Wales and speaking Welsh again.
- The WalesOnline 35 Under 35: The top young business and professional women in Wales 2020
- Be The Spark's Startup of the Year 2020
- Kenneth Armitage Award for Sculpture
- The Free Range Emerging Art Award
- Member of the Jewellers Academy
- First Class, BA Hons Fine Art - Bath School of Art and Design
- Distinction, Foundation Art and Design - UWIC Cardiff